Wednesday, October 12, 2011

SOLD!

During a church service a while back, Mom said something that really stuck out to me. She said that instead of testing to see what we can get by with, why not sell out completely to God? Not worrying about how we can get around a guideline, but living so that whatever it takes to be closer to the Lord, that is what we’re willing to do. I thought of a song by Watermark called, “My heart, Your home.” The lyrics say, “Come and make my heart Your home, Come and be everything I am and all I know, Search me through and through, Til my heart becomes a home for You…Let everything I do, Open up a door for You to come through, So that my heart will be, A place where you want to be.” I don’t know about you, but when I know that company is coming to my house, I try to make sure everything is clean and in order. How much more should we make sure our lives are in order when we want the King of Kings to take up residence in our hearts and lives? Put things that occupy space and time in the places where they belong so that we can allow Jesus to make our heart home to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment