Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I Can Eat Parmesan-Crusted Chicken?!

Well, hallelujah! I used to love getting parmesan-crusted chicken at Longhorn. I think they recently (in the past six months or so) changed their recipe; I don't like it as much. However, I do love my homemade version of it. Check out that golden brown crust...yum!!!




I'll share the recipe with you. But first, here is my Meal Plan for this week:



You can see that the word "variety" isn't how you would describe my breakfasts. I know that I like it; and, it is quick and easy. I do change it up from week to week. But, I often stick to the same breakfast each week, for a couple of weeks. On that note, you will see that we eat leftovers a few times. I would much rather cook three times each week than seven. So, I usually make enough for us to have leftovers as least once for dinner and enough that I can take it for lunch at least once (usually twice). Although I do not mind a good salad, I much prefer leftovers to having a salad every day for lunch.

Now, for the recipe of the deliciousness that brought you here:


Ingredients:


1 – 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
Garlic salt
Red Pepper flakes

¼ cup Ranch dressing
¼ cup grated parmesan
  
2 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
¼ tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup grated parmesan



Directions:


Coat a baking or casserole dish with the vegetable oil and place chicken in the dish.
Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes (flip chicken at 10 minutes). Remove from oven and set aside.
Ranch spread: mix ¼ cup of parmesan and ¼ cup Ranch dressing. Spread about 1 tbsp onto each piece of baked chicken.
Mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, parmesan, and melted butter. The crumbs should be evenly moistened. Sprinkle over chicken spread.

Position oven rack 6-8” from broiler. Preheat broiler. Place chicken under broiler and cook until cheese melts and crumb topping turns light, golden brown. 

For leftovers: heat oven to 350°. Place chicken on aluminum foil and bake 12-15 minutes.

In case you are wondering about the nutritional information for the deliciousness, I have that for you also. It is more carbs than I normally eat for one meal, but with 32 grams of protein, I'll take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment