Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful Thirty

I was invited by a friend to join in an event on facebook. The goal is to name one thing each day (during the month of November) that you are thankful for. So, I thought that I'll blog about it too. My goal is to name one thing daily on facebook, and create an on-going list for my blog. I may expand more on each day in the blog also.


So here goes:


Day 1: I'm thankful for my wonder mom, Tina. She has been and will always be a true inspiration of what a Christian mom should be. When I was younger, I had no idea all that she did. But, now, as I reflect, I am truly amazed by what she accomplished, and she made it look so easy! I'm thankful for her discipline, love, sacrifice, and example. I could not be what I am today without her guidance over the past 27 years. Love you Mom!


Day 2: "I wasn't looking for someone I could live with. I was looking for the one I could not live without." I'm thankful for my husband. He loves me, brings me joy, and challenges me to be my best. He is a wonderful man.


Day 3: "A sister is a friend, chosen by God." I'm thankful for my twin sister, Lesha. I love that we still take our yearly vacations and completely enjoy the time together. We aren't alike in many ways, but I think that is what makes our connection so strong. I'm thankful that God gave me such a great friend from birth. What a blessing!


Day 4: "It was nice growing up with someone like you-someone to lean on, someone to count on...someone to tell on!" I am thankful for my brother, Jordan. If it wasn't for him, I would have probably never given a career in law enforcement a real thought. I still remember standing in El Charro talking about my job (as a hair stylist at the time) and Jordan saying, "Why don't you become a cop?" Now, when we go to El Charro, or sit around any other dinner table, we have plenty of stories to share.


Day 5: I am thankful for my sweet dad, Mar. "The words that a father speaks to his children in the privacy of home are not heard by the world, but, as in whispering-galleries, they are clearly heard at the end and by posterity." ~Jean Paul Richter. My dad doesn't give much advice; but, when he does, it is definitely worth taking.  ♥ ya Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment