Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hold On

There is a song that I used to sing with my church choir. One of the verses says,


The devil comes a-knockin', trying to steal your soul
Blinding you with circumstances that you cannot control
Your heart's been torn to pieces
You're at the end of your rope
You've gotta a choice to make
Are you gonna hold on or just let go


Hold on to what you got
The fire's not that hot
You can walk on through the flame
Holding on to Jesus' name
The devil is a liar, you can blow out his fire
With the power He has given unto us
Hold on to what you got


Sometimes, we don't give holding our ground enough credit. But, it made me think about what I was told as a child in regards to any potential bully-stand up for yourself. At times, it feels like standing is all you can do. But, remember, standing your ground is better than losing it. If you give up, you have just lost all the ground that you had gained. Psalm 27:1-3 NLT says, "The Lord is my light and my salvation-so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident."


There is absolutely no reason to ever give up. Even if all you can do is stand, consider Ephesians 6 "Having done all to stand, stand." 

No comments:

Post a Comment