Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wait

I first began typing devotion-type segments in the church bulletin about a year and a half ago. Since I've started this blog, I'll share some of the ones that I've used in previous bulletins with you here. I'll also continue to add the new ones. I hope you enjoy and feel free to leave comments.


As I began to ponder what to share with you today, I was reminded of a testimony that I heard from my Mom at church about five or six years ago. She spoke of the word “wait.” The definition, according to Webster’s online dictionary is: to remain stationary in anticipation of something or to look forward expectantly. Then, the Scripture from Isaiah 40:31 came to mind: They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Also, a passage found in Psalm 27:14, “Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart…”
Often times, I don’t think of “waiting” as a stage preparation. But, when I’m hungry and waiting to go to dinner, I don’t put off getting ready until we’re about to walk out of the door. Instead, while I’m waiting, I prepare myself by choosing the right outfit, fixing my hair, etc. Accordingly, when we wait upon the Lord to move in our lives, we should be prepared and expecting something-not because He has already moved just like we want Him to, but because we know He’s on the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment